1 large fennel bulb, trimmed and chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
salt and cracked black pepper
200ml chicken stock
300ml coconut milk
2 tsp cornflour
8 chicken thighs and drumsticks
olive oil to drizzle
2 JAZZ™ apples, cored and cut into thick wedges
dukkah, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- Place the fennel, garlic, and chickpeas in a pan and dust with the paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Mix the stock, coconut milk, and cornflour and pour over the fennel, mixing gently.
- Push the chicken pieces gently into the fennel mixture, doing the same with the apples.
- Brush the chicken with some oil and season with salt and pepper
- Roast for 35 – 40 minutes or until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through.
- Sprinkle with dukkah and serve with steamed rice and roasted veggies.
Created by: Hein van Tonder