8 cups sliced peeled tart JAZZ™ apples (about 6 medium)
2-1/4 cups packed brown sugar, divided
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 cup butter, softened
2 large eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup finely chopped walnuts, divided
Vanilla ice cream, optional
1. Place apples in a greased 13×9-in. baking dish.
2. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup brown sugar and cinnamon.
3. In a bowl, cream butter and remaining brown sugar. Beat in eggs.
4. Stir in flour and 1/2 cup walnuts.
5. Spread over apples.
6. Sprinkle with remaining walnuts
7. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until the apples are tender.
8. Serve warm, with ice cream if desired.
This recipe was entered by Charnelle Nikita Bisschoff for our JAZZ™ Apple May 2019 competition. Recipe credit: Unknown