Makes 8 open sandwiches
200-300 g ricotta or chunky cottage cheese
8 slices seed or wholewheat bread, toasted
1-2 JAZZ™ apples in the skin, cut into thin wedges (see tip)
a few sprigs fresh thyme
runny honey for drizzling
- Divide ricotta or cottage cheese between the slices of toast and spread evenly. (No butter is necessary.)
- Place apple wedges on top and garnish with thyme.
- Drizzle with honey and serve immediately. Enjoy as a light meal or lunch. Cut the sandwiches in half or into smaller pieces to serve as part of a snack platter.
- Rinse the apple wedges in water to prevent them from going brown. Lightly pat dry with paper towel before using.
- For a lunch box, pack the ingredients for the sandwiches separately. Prepare the sandwiches just before eating. Alternatively, make closed sandwiches with an extra slice of bread.
Creator: Heleen Meyer