1 cup sugar
3 tablespoons butter
3 large eggs
1 cup self raising flour (If you do not have self raising flour you just need to increase the baking powder to 1 teaspoon)
2 ml baking powder
pinch of salt
¼ cup (60 ml) milk
385g of tart JAZZ™ apples
1. Preheat oven to 180 °C.
2. Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time.
3. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt and add to the mixture. Mix slightly and add the milk little by little, make sure not to over mix.
4. Add the batter in prepared baking dish and place the apples on top.
5. Bake for 30-40 minutes until light brown.
1 Tin Cream
1 Cup Sugar
1. Heat the cream in a saucepan with the sugar until sugar is completely dissolved.
2. Pour over warm apple tart.
1½ cup sugar
¼ cup brandy (Klipdrift Brandy)
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
¾ cup of water
1. Mix the all the ingredients together stirring continuously until boiling point.
2. Pour the hot sauce slowly over the apple tart as soon as it comes out of the oven
This recipe was entered by Dawn Wallenkamp for our JAZZ™ Apple May 2019 competition. Recipe credit: sapromo.com