Prep time: 45 minutes -chilling time 2-3 hours
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
- 2 JAZZ™ apples
- 1 cup diced pumpkin (peeled with seeds removed)
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2-3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon finely ground cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 sheets frozen ready rolled puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten for egg wash
- ¼ cup cinnamon sugar – (1/4 cup sugar plus 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon)
- Peel the apples and cut into quarters. Remove the core and then dice finely.
- Combine the diced apple and pumpkin in a medium saucepan and add ¼ cup of water.
- Simmer gently for about 10-15 minutes or until the apple and pumpkin are both soft.
- Add the cinnamon and maple syrup and stir together well.
- Add cornmeal to 1 tablespoon of water. Stir cornmeal mixture into the saucepan. Simmer 2 minutes until thick.
- Chill for 1-2 hours until thick and cold.
- Pre-heat the oven to 375°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Make a template of a pumpkin shape about 2 inches across. Download and print template
- Let pastry sheets thaw. Then, cut 16 pumpkin pastry shapes out of the semi-thawed pastry sheets.
- Arrange half of the pasty shapes on the trays, leaving space between each, brush with egg wash.
- Place a small spoonful of spiced apple & pumpkin mix in the center and top with the remaining pastry shape, seal the edges with a fork and score a few times to create a pumpkin shape.
- Brush the tops with more egg wash then sprinkle generously with cinnamon sugar and bake for 15-20 minutes or until puffed and golden.