Ingredients (serves 8):
8 JAZZ™ Apples
8 dowels or sticks
80 unwrapped caramels
2 cups (9 oz) chocolate candy melts
Chocolate candies (M&Ms or Smarties)
1. Wash apples. Remove stems from apple and insert sticks.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
3. In a large saucepan, over medium heat, combine caramels and 2 tbsp water. Stir occasionally, just until melted.
4. Dip apples, one at a time, into caramel. Use a spoon to help coat sides and top. Hold over pan, allowing excess caramel to drip off.
5. Place on prepared baking sheet. When all apples are dipped, place in the fridge to set for about 20 minutes.
6. To decorate: Trim excess caramel from base as desired. Fit a piping bag with a #2 plain tip, fill with about ½ cup leftover melted chocolate. Pipe 7 or 8 lines from top to apple to chocolate base. Pipe curved lines in between to form a web pattern. To make spiders, pipe 8 little legs and place a chocolate candy in the center. Keep chilled until ready to serve.