May has finally arrived and with the temperature beginning to increase there’s no better time to start barbecuing. To give you a bit of added inspiration we’ve created a super tasty and simple recipe for Halloumi and JAZZ™ Apple Kebabs with a Harissa, Honey & Mint Marinade for you all to try and enjoy. Happy barbecuing!
A small handful of Mint
2-3 tbsp Olive Oil
2 tsp Honey
1 tsp Harissa Paste
250g Halloumi Cheese – cut into 2.5 cm cubes
1 JAZZ™ Apples – cored and cut into segments
A few Bay Leaves
- Light your barbeque and if you are using wooden skewers soak them in water for about 30 minutes to prevent them from igniting during cooking.
- Take the mint leaves and finely chop them. Mix in with the olive oil, honey and harissa in a medium sized bowl. Add the halloumi and the apple and stir ensuring that everything is evenly coated in the marinade.
- Cover and put into the fridge for about 10-15 minutes to allow the flavours to infuse.
- Take your skewers and wipe off any excess moisture. Starting with a cube of halloumi and alternating with the apple segments load the skewers. Add an occasional fresh bay leaf as you go.
- Coat each of the kebabs with the remaining marinade and place on the barbeque grill for about 7-10 minutes turning regularly to ensure even cooking. Serve when the apple has turned golden and the cheese starts to blister. Perfect in a pita bread with a yogurt dressing and chilli sauce.