Ingredients (2 servings):
2 JAZZ™ Apples
1 tsp of coconut oil
2 tbsp of coconut sugar + 2 tbsp of water
A sprinkle of cinnamon
For the coconut cream:
50g plain coconut yogurt
50g creamed coconut (the solid one you buy in a packet)
Granola of your choice
A generous sprinkle of flaked almonds
- To make the coconut cream, melt the creamed coconut in a small pan on a very low heat.
- When it is completely melted transfer it to a pan and add the coconut yogurt. Mix everything together until you have a thick cream. Place it in the fridge while you are preparing the rest.
- Slice and core each JAZZ™ Apple into 4 pieces and remove the seeds. Place them on a baking tray and drizzle the coconut oil and the cinnamon on top. Bake in the oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes or until slightly soft but not too squishy.
- While the apples are baking make the caramel. Simply place the coconut sugar and water into a pan and bring it to the boil. Let it bubble away for about 5 minutes until it starts to thicken up and become a sticky caramel. Turn the heat off and leave it on one side.
- Remove the apples from the oven and place them on the barbecue for about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Serve the apples with a generous drizzle of the coconut caramel, the coconut cream, granola and flaked almonds.