Summer may be coming to an end but here’s a fab recipe for plant-based JAZZ™ Apple burgers which can be cooked on the barbecue or in the oven if the British weather disappoints. Simple to make and a fab alternative to your usual burnt beef burgers so give them a try and add some vegan flair to your bbq offering!
Ingredients (Makes 6 large patties)
2 JAZZ™ Apples (diced)
1 can of black beans
100g mushrooms (diced)
1 leek (diced)
100g cooked brown rice
100g walnuts (roasted and then finely chopped)
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp smoked paprika
5g fresh oregano – (finely diced)
Good pinch of salt & pepper
A little oil for frying
Your choice of bun, salad, sauces and sides to serve.
- Gently fry the leeks, JAZZ™ Apple and mushrooms in a pan for around 10 mins until soft. Take off the heat.
- In a large bowl add the black beans, rice and seasoning/spices. Blitz with a hand blender.
- Add in the fried off leeks, JAZZ™ Apple and mushrooms, combine together and then blend again.
- Finally stir in the breadcrumbs
- Using your hands, split the mixture into six and make the individual patties by rolling them into a ball, flattening and smoothing them.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or cook on the barbecue before serving with your favourite buns, toppings and sides.