Ingredients (2 servings):
For the compote:
3 JAZZ™ Apples – deseeded and chopped into pieces
1 cup of frozen or fresh raspberries + extra for decoration
1/2 tbsp of lemon juice
1 tsp of coconut oil
Optional: 1/2 tbsp of maple syrup
For the coconut cream:
1 can of full fat coconut cream stored in the fridge overnight – please don’t skip this step
1 tbsp of maple syrup
1/2 tsp of vanilla extract or powder
- Place the chopped apples, coconut oil, lemon juice and maple syrup (if using) into a pan with a dash of water. Cook the apples on a medium to low heat with the lid on for about 10-15 minutes or until they start to fall apart.
- Add the raspberries and cook for another 5 minutes. You can either use the compote as it is or if you like it smoother you can blend it up using a hand blender.
- While the compote is cooling down make the coconut cream.
- Remove the tinned coconut milk from the fridge and scoop out the thick part which should sit on top. Don’t use any of the watery part otherwise the cream will turn out too runny (you can save it for smoothies or curries).
- With a hand whisk, start to whisk the cream before adding in the maple syrup and vanilla extract. Whip until you have a super creamy and smooth consistency, almost like whipped cream!
- When the fruit compote is completely cold assemble the jars/glasses with half the compote and half the coconut cream. Serve with some fresh raspberries and some sliced apples.