These easy-to-make cookies have a delicious depth of flavour whilst not being overwhelming. The soft apples contrast beautifully with the chewy cookie and make them very moreish! They smell absolutely divine and are great for snacking or eating on the go, but for an extra indulgent treat, pair with ice cream when fresh out of the oven.
Ingredients (makes 12-18 cookies)
200g plain flour
100g caster sugar
100g light brown sugar
1 ½ chopped JAZZ™ Apples
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp nutmeg
½ tsp salt
- Preheat fan assisted oven to 190C.
- Beat together the sugar, egg and butter (softened at room temperature) then stir in the flour, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt until well mixed into dough.
- Core the JAZZ™ Apples, chop into small chunks and then stir evenly into the dough mix.
- Chill the cookie dough for 30 minutes.
- Grease or line your baking tray and use an ice cream scoop or spoon to place the dough.
- Make sure there’s two inches between each one as they’ll flatten out when cooking.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes. Remove and allow to cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes or if serving fresh and hot with ice cream, transfer straight from the oven into a bowl and top with your favourite flavour!