- 2-3 JAZZ™ apples, cored and sliced
- 3 sheets ready rolled pastry
- 1 egg + 1 tablespoon milk or cream – beaten for egg wash
- ½ cup apricot jam – warmed
- Icing sugar
- Dried rose petals
- Pre-heat the oven to 180° C and line a baking tray with cooking paper.
- Cut each pastry sheet into 4 squares then cut large hearts (you can use cookie cutter or you can free hand them with a small knife). Then make a smaller heart 2-3 mm smaller scoring with a knife or the cutter. Arrange the hearts on the trays leaving room for expansion.
- Brush each heart with the egg wash and arrange the apples in a decorative pattern – leaving a 2cm edging around each tart.
- Drizzle the apples with a little warm apricot jam.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Dust with icing sugar and sprinkle with dried rose petals or edible flowers.