Hopefully, the weather will start to improve as summer arrives and when it does, we’ll be waiting with our barbecue at the ready so we can devour these sensational pork and apples skewers. Simple to make using just six ingredients, they are the ideal dish to get the summer party started!
Ingredients (Makes 3 large skewers)
- 360 g pork cubes (we used loin)
- 1 JAZZ™ Apple 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 150 ml coconut milk
- 1 tbsp BONRAW panela sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil (store cupboard)
- Preheat the oven to 190C.
- First make the satay sauce by putting the peanut butter, coconut milk, sugar and soy sauce in a saucepan over a medium heat. It will start to thicken so keep stirring and then take off the heat just before it starts to boil.
- Allow to cool and then add in your pork cubes to marinate for at least 2 hours but preferably overnight.
- Chop your JAZZ™ Apple into large cubes and then start to put the skewers together with the JAZZ™ Apple breaking up two or three pieces of pork.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil and then cook in the oven for 20 mins. You can also grill or finish off on the barbecue.