5 JAZZ™ Apples – roughly chopped
125ml Dessert Wine
½ Chilli – roughly chopped
6 crushed Cubeb Berries
Pinch of Salt
Juice of a Lemon
1 tbsp Maple Syrup
A few Marjoram Leaves – washed and very finely chopped
- Place the JAZZ ™ apples, wine, chillies and cubeb berries into a heavy based pan. Cover and bring to the boil over a medium heat stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat and simmer until the apples are soft.
- Remove from the heat and force through a metal sieve into a small pan until all that remains are seeds, skins and black berries (these can be discarded now).
- Add the salt, lemon juice and maple syrup to the pan and stir whilst gently reheating.
- Add the marjoram leaves and cook gently until they are completely softened.
- Remove from the heat and pour into sterilized jars and seal. We like to serve this sauce cold with extra fresh chillies chopped through it to give a bit of extra zing!
Serve with Pork Chops
- Season your pork chops well and rub with a little olive oil then grill for about 15 minutes on each side under a medium to high heat turning regularly.
- Serve with skin on potato wedges, a green salad (with added chopped chilli) and a large dollop of apple and chilli sauce.