- Muffin pan
- 6 flour tortillas
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp cinnamon
- 6 large JAZZ™ Apples chopped
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp cinnamon sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- Yoghurt or whipped cream optional
- Caramel sauce optional
- Preheat the oven to 180°C degrees on a fan bake. Set aside a standard muffin pan.
- Make cinnamon sugar by mixing both ingredients in a small bowl. If you need extra, it’s 2 parts sugar to 1 part cinnamon.
- Place 3 tortillas on the shopping board. Brush each side with melted butter and dust with cinnamon sugar. Stack them and then cut into quarters.
- Place two pieces in each muffin cup so there’s about 50% overlap.
- Bake 6-8 min until golden and crisp. Meanwhile, you can make the filling.
- Mix the chopped JAZZ™apples with lemon juice and cinnamon sugar. Place a large pot or frying pan over medium heat. Melt butter and sauté the apple mixture 3-5 minutes until soft.
- Remove cups from the oven and cool slightly. Spoon the Jazz apple filling so each cup is 1/2 full. Top with optional yoghurt, whipped cream and caramel sauce before serving.
Recipe from @jayandsarahnz