Prep time: 30 minutes + cooling
Cooking time: 12-15 minutes
- 1 JAZZ™ apple
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 ½ cups self-raising flour
- ¼ cup cocoa
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- 125gms butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 12 cupcake papers
- 2 cups vanilla butter cream icing
- Red & Blue food colouring
- Mini chocolate drops
- Chocolate buttons
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C and line a muffin tray with the cupcake papers.
- Place the eggs and milk in the electric beater bowl and beat for 1 minute.
- Core and dice the apple into small pieces and set aside.
- Add the combined sifted flour, cocoa, sugar, butter and vanilla into the egg & milk mixture.
- Beat on low speed for 1 minute to combine then on medium speed for a further 2 minutes until creamy.
- Fold in the diced apple pieces.
- Spoon the batter into the cupcake papers.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until the tops are just set and bounce back when lightly pressed.
- Cool completely before decorating.
- Divide the icing into bowls and tint one red and one blue.
- Spoon the icing onto the cold cupcakes and swirl around with the back of a spoon.
- Top each apple cupcake with one large button in the centre and then use the chocolate drops to make the paw print.