3/4 cup baking dates
4 free-range eggs – lightly beaten
1 teaspoon good quality vanilla essence
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 cups almond meal / ground almonds
1/2 cup brown rice flour
1/4 cup tapioca flour
1/4 cup melted butter
1 grated JAZZ Apple – squeezed of liquid
1/2 JAZZ Apple – cut into 1 cm cubes
1/2 JAZZ Apple – sliced
• Pre heat oven to 180 degrees celsius
• Cover the dates in boiling water and leave to soften for 10 minutes. Drain well and place in a food processor along with the eggs, spices and baking powder. Blitz until the dates are in small chunks. Add the flours and butter. Run the machine until well mixed.
• Use a spatula to transfer the batter to a large bowl. Stir through the grated and cubed apple.
• Transfer batter to a lined or well-greased 23cm loaf tin. Use a spatula to flatten the top of the loaf. Lay the apple slices across the top.
• Bake for 50-60 minutes until lightly golden and a skewer comes out clean when inserted.
• Leave to cool for 30 minutes before slicing.
Will keep in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Will freeze well for up to one month.