- 1 JAZZ™ Apple
- 2 ½ tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon water
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream (warmed)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 3 ¼ tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 3 ½ tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Wash, peel and dice the JAZZ™ Apple. Microwave for 1 minute. Wipe off excess liquid.
- In a pot heat the granulated sugar and water until it caramelizes.
- Add warmed heavy cream, apple and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whip the egg, honey and granulated sugar together.
- Add into the bowl half the apple mixture and mix.
- Sift and mix the dry ingredients.
- Add melted butter. Mix until consistency is even.
- Place mixture in a pastry bag and let it sit for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Spread a thin layer of butter and then sift flour to the madeleine cake mold. Chill mold in refrigerator 15 minutes.
- Place cake batter into each mold.
- Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes
- Remove cake from the mold as soon as it is done.
Note: you can enjoy the remaining apple cream mixture with bread
Recipe and picture by @Kyoko_plus