3/4 cup baking dates
4 free-range eggs – lightly beaten
1 teaspoon good quality vanilla essence
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 cups almond meal / ground almonds
1/2 cup brown rice flour
1/4 cup tapioca flour
1/4 cup melted butter
1 grated JAZZ Apple – squeezed of liquid
1/2 JAZZ Apple – cut into 1 cm cubes
1/2 JAZZ Apple – sliced
1. Pre heat oven to 180 degrees celsius
2. Cover the dates in boiling water and leave to soften for 10 minutes. Drain well and place in a food processor along with the eggs, spices and baking powder. Blitz until the dates are in small chunks. Add the flours and butter. Run the machine until well mixed.
3. Use a spatula to transfer the batter to a large bowl. Stir through the grated and cubed apple.
4. Transfer batter to a lined or well-greased 23cm loaf tin. Use a spatula to flatten the top of the loaf. Lay the apple slices across the top.
5. Bake for 50-60 minutes until lightly golden and a skewer comes out clean when inserted.
6. Leave to cool for 30 minutes before slicing.
Will keep in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Will freeze well for up to one month.